Thursday, October 29, 2015

Singing My Melody



                                                          In strings and chords of jealousy
                                                          Symphony of common error
                                                          A face with bloody mascara
                                                          The devil was conductor
                                                          I awakened the forbidden
                                                          Fell on my knees to hum and pray
I’ve always been a free spirit
Raised my voice a higher octave  
to rid ghosts in the opera   
when concert became darker
Stage manager, a minister
Clapping and cheering, sinister
Gave them hell on a musical scale
so heavenly production could prevail
Signing autographs, gothic 
Paparazzi catatonic 
while angels in my band, kept me prolific
Should’ve canceled tour, it was oblivion
Songs against religion
Promotions were demons sent
My vocals had to repent 

© 2015, Alphonso Taylor. All rights reserved. No republication of this material in any form or medium is permitted without expressed permission of the author.   

No comments:

Post a Comment